I had put I Can’t Make This Up: Life Lessons by Kevin Hart in my Book Bucket List in July. Now I’m just finished reading the book. I highly recommend reading this book.
Some phrases and quotes from the book that resonated with me:
- One of the key factors for success – beyond work, talent, timing, relationships is the glue that holds all of these together is commitment.
- I wanted to build on these opportunities to do more and leave my mark on the world through my accomplishments, not my personal life.
- What’s harder than achieving success is achieving consistent success.
- Life is like a pack of cards. There are fifty-two cards in a deck, but only four of them are aces. The goal of life is to make your way through a crowded deck where the odds are stacked against you and draw an ace.
- Looking back over the decades covered in this book, I’ve picked out eight qualities that put me in a position to draw aces: persistence, patience, class, commitment, learning, passion-centered competitiveness, positivity and discomfort.